Monday, December 19

Sugar cookies

This past Sunday, I was assigned to give my first Relief Society lesson, and needless to say it was terrifying. I've been in the Primary presidency for over 3 yrs, and nursery the 2 yrs before that, and Young Women the 2 yrs before that! I feel like I have never even been able to ATTEND R.S., let alone TEACH it! But, while planning my lesson, I couldn't think of anything better than to have my Mom sing a musical number. I love to hear her sing, and asking her to do that for me, I was able to get around admitting that I actually needed her there. Ha! Don't we always have some sort of feeling of comfort when we are around our Moms? I know I do, and I definitely needed her support for this lesson. Of course, she happily agreed, and prepared to sing "He Sent His Son" for my R.S. She was definitely the highlight of the whole thing. I don't know what I'd do without the both of my parents.

My Dad had been wanting to come down to Palmyra to decorate cookies with the kids, so what better a day than Sunday! They brought the dough, cookie cutters, and supplies needed for the decor! It was one of my favorite nights so far this season. I hope I can convince them to make this a tradition. :)

My Dad loved helping them cut out the shapes they wanted.



Logan felt pretty big rolling out the dough.


Sadie was walking around in my high heels. She's 100% girl!




My Dad even let me in on the help!



Then the decorating began, and boy oh boy was it a lot of work! I wish I would have counted the cookies they decorated. I was sure they'd give up before they were all decorated, but they made sure each and every one was perfect. It was dedication for sure!






















1 comment:

Becky said...

That is so fun. My family made sugar cookies every year, my Dad always did all the rolling and cutting out the cookies and we decorated for what seemed like hours! It is a tradition Rob and I have kept up and I love it, especially because it reminds me of my Dad! I hope your parents make it a tradition for your kids too!