Saturday, December 17

Gingerbread Houses

I love the tradition we have made to put together gingerbread houses each year, and the kids have grown to love it as well! I bought the kits a little earlier in the season, and they begged me almost daily to put them together. Obviously, we finally found a night we were all home together for enough time to make them! The kids went to work, and I love that each one of them is so different from the other.


Austin worked super hard at getting as much frosting everywhere so it looked like there was a HUGE snow storm. As always, he was cracking us up. :)


Sadie had a blast bossing me around, telling me exactly where to apply frosting so she could very carefully place her candy there.


And good ol Logan. He didn't any want help putting his house together, so unfortunately it kept crumbling while he worked on it. He was working so hard, but it just wouldn't stay together. As hard as it was to watch him get frustrated, he dealt with it very maturely. He impresses me every day with how fast he is growing up. :)





Standing next to the finished products! I took this as quick as I could before Logan's roof and walls crumbled in.






Sadie's




Austin's (blizzard anyone?)




Logan's (after it caved in)

No comments: