Thursday, December 22

Lenny




Our own, personal elf, Lenny has been around for a couple of weeks now, and I have loved watching the kids now that they are older really try and figure it all out. They've questioned me quite a bit, and hopefully I have been believable enough that they keep believing it. Logan brought home from school a letter that he had written to Santa, and for a few days it was on our fridge. Well, one day he asked if he could mail it to him, but I said it wasn't necessary because we already had mailed him a letter. I didn't feel like he was satisfied with that answer, so I simply suggested that maybe he give it to Lenny and he could deliver to Santa that night when he was there reporting whether or not we had been nice that day. I don't remember exactly what day that was, so I'm not sure how long after this happened. But the other night when I got home from work in the middle of the night, I went to move Lenny to a different spot in the house, and found 3 letters to Santa, and a couple of candy canes that Logan made at school. He had been saving those candy canes to leave with cookies and milk on Christmas Eve for Santa and his Elves. I can't say enough how much I love my kids and the innocent way that they think about things. I don't know how much longer we have before Logan figures it all out. But I'm realizing that I hope it's a long time. To see the look on their faces when they talk about it, or hear the questions they ask and end up answering themselves, it's all so magical to me. I literally teared up when I found all this sitting on Lenny's lap. It warms my heart thinking of the excitement all 3 must have had as they prepared this for him. Jason heard me come home, so he had come downstairs to move Lenny, realizing that he hadn't yet, so we discovered that the kids did this all on their own. I thought Jason must have done it with them, but he thinks they did it while he was showering after work. Logan had written the letters from Austin and Sadie, so to think that they all sat down and worked on this together without us asking them to, is another thing that I just love. They are learning to work together, and take care of each other. Once again, I love them more than words can tell.


Dear Santa,

I've ben very nis

this year.

I've helpt people.

and give gifts

to grandma

and Grandpa. I

want some crystals

for my clekchin.

Love, Logan



Dear Santa

princis toy's!

roollrskatss and


spitr-men


sneekrss and


spitr-man
gun that sqartss out webs!

No comments: