Sunday, June 21

Nurse-Maid Elbow - take two!!

My poor, sweet Austin!! He dislocated his elbow again!! This time it was the other arm! We were on our way home from Grantsville, at about Lehi. Austin was being his usual self, by annoying Logan all he could. He simply kept putting his foot on Logan, which of course was driving Logan crazy! I had asked Austin a couple of times to please stop that, of course Logan had also asked him to stop, when all of a sudden, Austin screams! At first I thought Logan had done something to his foot, but when I looked back, Austin was holding his arm, and crying to go to the doctor. I immediately looked with horror at Jason, when he clarified what I was thinking, by saying, he thinks his arm is dislocated. I hopped in the back of the van, and Jason got off the freeway to go back to his mom's house. She knows how to fix this, because Annie used to have this problem when she was little. Anyway, he couldn't get a hold of her, so I was calling my friend Robyn, who also knows how to fix it, but she was at work. So, we just kept driving towards Sandy, in hopes that Grandma Clayton could get home soon. Eventually, after sitting in thier driveway for a little while, and making phone calls back and forth, wondering what would be best, she made it home, and was able to help my angel out!

After she popped it back into place, he was too scared to try to move it, so it took a minute or two of trying to trick him into moving it. And, as soon as he moved it, he was so happy that it didn't hurt anymore! This is him showing me right after, that he could move it! Look how relieved he was!! Logan felt pretty bad, he had apologized in the van, before it was fixed, and then a couple of minutes after he was better, I caught Logan giving him a big hug!! Bless his heart!

Grandma was even able to get him to show me his muscles! He is my tough little dude, that's for sure! I can't believe how well he handles this. I'm pretty sure Grandma is now his hero. The next night, as I was tucking him into bed, I told him how sorry I am that he keeps hurting his arms, and he replied with "grandma's a doctor already, so it's okay!" And, as he was saying this, he was holding his arms up looking them over...he's SO cute!!

This is right before we finally left for home. It had been so long since we had dinner, they realized they were hungry again, so Grandma served up some yummy applesauce!!

1 comment:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Colten told me this I was in shock! I couldn't believe it happened again, but then he said it ran in Jason's family like you said. So I was relieve poor little guy! Looks like he is doing well now. :)