Thirteen Things I Love About The Summer Time
- Getting a tan. It's not always possible, and sometimes may be unattractive with crazy lines, such as farmers tan, or sunglasses lines. But, still a lot better than my pastiness in the winter.
- Barbecues. Good food always = a good time.
- Dutch Oven. Even better than barbecues! Nothing beats my dad's dutch oven chicken & potatoes!
- Boating. No explanation needed...it's just awesome!!
- Friends. I know friends are awesome year round, it just seems like you see friends a lot more in the summer time. It's easier to get out & about.
- Flowers. Nothing smells better than walking through a flower garden, or under flowering fruit trees.
- July. I love having 2 amazing holidays in 1 month! Even though we do pretty much the same thing, we do them in different towns...Grantsville for the 4th, and Fairview for the 24th. Parade, park, great food with family, & fireworks!
- Picnics. I love the clean- up after a picnic...shake off the blanket, & throw every thing else away!
- Fruit. YUMMY!!!
- Family reunions. I realize most people hate these, but for some reason I really look forward to them.
- Playing outside. I really enjoy watching my kids just enjoy being free outdoors. It reminds me of when I was little, & life was so simple.
- Swimming. Even though I despise the thought of getting into a bathing suit, I still love being in the water with my kids.
- Long Days. I absolutely love that it's still light outside until late into the night. I could sit outside at this time of night forever. If only I could freeze time...
1 comment:
I don't think I take advantage of summer nearly as much as I should. And what's up with both of us being in G-ville at the same time and not seeing each other!!! I know, time is FILLED with family parties and such but, man, it'd be great to see that darling baby girl!
Post a Comment