I hate to admit this, but I want it in our scrapbook...so here goes; Sunday afternoon was a normal one, I was blow drying my hair for church, when I thought I heard a scream, so I looked up to see Logan crying, saying Austin had hit him. Although, when I looked out the door, I saw Austin all sprawled out on the floor as if he had been tackled. So, trying to be fair, I asked them to both sit with me and tell me what happened. I asked Austin if he had hit Logan, and he fessed up to it, and said he had. So, I went on to ask, why? He responded with "I was trying to get through him" I admit, I had to hold back a laugh, because if you know Austin... that is totally him. Needing to do something about it, I told him he needed to sit in "time out" for a minute, and at the same time I grabbed his arm, Austin let out a blood curtling scream. I had no idea what had happened, and honestly, I don't think he did either. He couldn't move his arm, but he couldn't get through to me because of his crying, what even was hurting him. I figured out pretty fast that it was somewhere on his arm, though. He wouldn't move a muscle. Jason ran up to see what had occurred, and I told him I think we need to get him to the doctor! If you know Austin, he doesn't cry like that over getting hurt. He's pretty tough for the most part. Anyway, we made it to the doctor right as we were supposed to be to getting to church. The doctor told us it was what we had suspected...his elbow was pulled out of joint...BY ME!!! I was horrified!! The whole ride to the doctor, I was holding back tears, I knew what I had done, and I just wanted to hold him and take his pain away. It was one of the hardest things I've seen as a mommy so far, and it was all my fault! I thought I was going to have to explain myself to the police! The doctor tried to console me, by saying that it happens all of the time, but really, would that make you feel better? I wanted to take him to the toy store and let him get anything he wanted in the world!! I was shaken up pretty badly, and since then, I catch myself every time I go to even hold their hands. I'm so sorry little Austin!! I love you!!


5 comments:
You don't happen to go to Utah Valley Pediatrics in A.F., do you? That looks JUST like the kids' pediatrician's office...Sadie's a doll. Isn't it funny how the drama is so evident in these little girls...even as babes.
This is Rachel, by the way...I'm logged in as Carl right now, I guess!
Do you remember when Jaxon broke his arm? Yeah, he did that at about 9 in the morning and we took him in about 5 that night.....I didn't know it was broken so, I felt horrible when they told me it was. I was waiting for the doc to call child services on me! Ah, the joys of being a mom!
Rachel- This is Utah Valley Pediatrics in Provo. So, that makes sense why the office is similar!
Hey Bonnie! You're a great mom! If it makes you feel any better....I dropped both Ashton and Tyler when they were tiny babies, and they're both ok.....I think.....
=)
Post a Comment