Tuesday, December 22

Traditions



Growing up, I never realized how fun and important family traditions can be. It wasn't until I had kids of my own, that I noticed how much I took all of that for granted. Well, now that my kids are getting old enough to remember year to year, I'm trying to keep some of the old traditions, and start some new ones of our own! If you know my Mower family at all, you would know that food plays a huge part in all of our Holiday festivities. I always knew what deserts would be served at family functions, and of course, I ALWAYS looked forward to it all! You could predict what each one of my Dad's sisters would be bringing to the party, and that it would never be a disappointment.
One of my Dad's famous recipes is Chocolate Caramel brownies, and it is one of my favorites!! So, since I've gotten married, I think I've made them every year sometime during the Christmas season, and this year was no exception!! Every time I have made them, it reminds me of when I was a kid, making them with my Dad. My job was always to unwrap the caramels! I can't tell a lie, it wasn't my favorite thing to do. But now that I'm older, I'm so glad he had me do it so I can have these memories, and tell my kids as they are unwrapping the caramels, the stories of my Mom and Dad at Christmas time.

2 comments:

Luke and Tina said...

Those brownies sound so good. You will have to tell me how to make them. Hope you had a great Christmas.

Kaysie Adams said...

I love family traditions! It's so fun to be able to continue them with our kids. We even made a few new ones this year. Will you message me that recipe? Those brownies look yummy!!