So, in search of new traditions, I thought I'd try this one out, and I'm so glad I did! It is amazing to see my kids faces light up when we talked about Lenny! He is an elf that Santa sent just to our family for the month of December. He would appear every morning in a different spot in the house to watch us, and at night, would be sent back to the North Pole to help Santa, and give his report on how we were behaving. It was amazing the difference it made in my kids behavior when we would mention Lenny watching us. They loved him, and I was so entertained by the questions they would ask about him. Logan thought for sure that he could catch him leaving at night, but he never did! He even thought that if he woke up early enough, he might catch him coming in the house. Tricky, but that never happened either!
I can't wait to see Lenny again next year, and for years to come!
I can't wait to see Lenny again next year, and for years to come!
I just want to include this story so I can remember it later, so here goes... At our ward Christmas party, Logan told Santa that he wanted a telescope! I hadn't heard that request before, and I was already done with all the shopping! I just assumed that he's little, and it would be forgotten, well I was wrong! Not only did he remember, but Austin started saying the same thing, and they told everyone that's what Santa was bringing. I didn't know what to do. Do I just ignore the idea, or go out and spend more money that we don't have, just in case they really are expecting one? Logan started to draw pictures of telescopes, and that's when I knew we had to figure something out. (I'll scan the picture he drew, and post it on here later. I was impressed.) Shopko actually had in their ad that week, a great sale on toy telescopes, so Jason went to check them out, and what do ya know, they were already sold out! Anyway, our final decision, since Jason doesn't really like to go cheap on that kind of a thing, we decided that it would be the "family gift" from Lenny!! I had been trying to think of a game or something from him anyway, so it worked out perfectly! He left it for us on Christmas Eve, since, you know, he had to get back to the North Pole, to help Santa on his biggest night of the year!! Thanks Lenny, we can't wait to see you again next year!!
1 comment:
What a DARLING idea. We did the "Santa's birds" thing this year since we had a million birds in our backyard. But I really like the Lenny idea...hmmm...we'll have to consider that next year.
Post a Comment