Friday afternoon, I was surprised by a knock at my door, and even more surprised to find my great friend, Melissa standing there!!!!! They have been living in California, and I have not seen them since July!!! She let Jason know the day before that they would be here, so he knew, and did a great job at keeping it a secret! I was SOOO surprised!! Our weekend was already jam packed with family events, so we had to wait clear til Monday night to hang out! But, it was worth the wait, we went bowling, and then ate at Wendy's afterwords. It was so fun to see the kids interact as if they had still been hanging out every day! It did take a few minutes for them to warm up, but after that it was too cute! The boys of course had to have Gwyn sit in the middle of them at Wendy's, and I enjoyed listening to the little conversations Austin and Gwyn were having. At one point, Austin invited her over to watch "Frosty the Snowman" with him!!! I was cracking up! We miss them so much, and I'm so grateful for the time we did get to spend with them that night, and the days following until they finally had to leave on Thursday. Luckily, they will be coming back in a couple weeks for a wedding, and we are all counting down!!! Thanks Melissa for the surprise!! You are truly the best friend I could ask for!!!


3 comments:
soo fun! What a great surprise.. You guys are adorable!
What a great friend to surprise you like that!
I'm glad you were surprised! It was so fun to see you guys! We had such a great time and I will be counting down the days until we can hang out again. : )
Post a Comment