Wednesday, July 7

Small Town U.S.A.!!

I love being from a small town for many reasons, but the biggest would be the traditions. The 4th of July parade is a biggie, and I love that we can stand on the sidelines year after year. Not much has changed since I was little; the same businesses, school clubs, beauty queens, American soldiers & vehicles, cool cars, etc. They are not the biggest and best by any means, but it's what small town U.S.A. stands for! Great, down to earth citizens, all gathered together as a community to support and celebrate our great country that we live in!!




My "little" nephew, Ty! He is an awesome band member, and he wants to grow up to be a band teacher, which I think is AWESOME! I love seeing him march every year! I don't remember a year I wasn't in the parade until I graduated high school and moved on. It was a weird first year to watch the parade, instead of be in it.
I was trying to get a picture of all them, but of course the boys weren't wanting a picture taken. At least Sadie was willing to give me a big "cheese"!!
The big BBQ at my parents house to celebrate the whole reason for the festivities, (or so he thinks), is my Dad's birthday!! I don't know how I didn't get a good picture of him this year, darnit. The poor guy just had knee replacement surgery, so he was stuck inside most of the day. I love that his b-day is on the 4th probably more than he does. He is an American history teacher, and a former Military Police Officer. He is such a great example to me, and I hope my kids will have the same passion for our country and history that he has instilled in me.
Love you Dad!!!
The boys marching, pretending to be in a parade

Me, Carrie, Sadie, Becky, & Tami
The girls!!


The rest of the day, and whole holiday weekend was jam packed, so the rest will come in separated posts. Lol.

2 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

What a fun day!! I totally agree with you, small towns are the best. Happy 4th Bonnie!

Rachel said...

It was SO GREAT seeing you and Aut that day. I only wish we would have gotten a picture. My memory card was full and we were just going in to buy another one when I ran into you. We'll get a pic on our girls' night out. ;) And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dad. I didn't know that day was his birthday...that is SO appropriate.