Tuesday, June 29

White trash at it's finest!

I didn't want to offend anyone by this, but since one of the cars was named "White Trash Racin", I figured I'm okay. Not to mention, I grew up going to the demolition derby in Fairview every year on the 24th of July, so consider me one of them! Lol! Jason's Clayton side of the family just started this tradition last summer, and I'm so glad they did, because I love them. The boys thought it was awesome, although my softy; Logan was worried at first about the drivers safety. After I reassured him that they took every safety precaution possible, he enjoyed it. Sadie, on the other hand might have had nightmares that night. The poor girl was terrified, and every time they would start she was screaming no, over & over again while crawling all over me. She didn't know where whe was trying to go, just as far away as she could I think. She would reach for G-ma, then Jason, then right back to me. Near the end, she calmed down enough to just hold on tightly to me. The good thing was, because it takes so long to clean up the mess in between heats, she was able to relax and have fun. I must have gotten bored in between heats, because I took a lot of pictures of me & Sadie. Lol. Not on purpose, we were just together the whole time. I tried to get everyone in our group, but couldn't move far enough away.



Before the terror began

Abby's friend, Spencer, Sadie, and the row above them is Wynn's head, G-Grandma C., Sarah, & Jack

Sadie was able to clap when nothing "threatening" was going on

In the row above is Annie, Duncan, Eric, & Jenny


Grandpa, Austin, Annie, Duncan, Mason, & Logan's head

Poor terrified Sadie. Notice how tightly she is squeezing my arm. The other arm was tight around my neck. :(

Finally for the last heat, she overcame her fear! Hopefully next year won't be so scary for her.

4 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Seriously your kids can not be that big!!! It makes me sad! Oh I miss you guys always.
Looks like you had a fun night and Sadie didn't. lol Glad you guys are having such a fun summer!

Becky said...

I didn't know it was outside, looks like fun! I don't know if that is one activity we will make it to, it never seems to work out timing wise for us!

Rachel said...

Poor thing...well, she looks adorable, even if she didn't love every minute of it. :)

Lacey Sue said...

Chad has done so many derby's that our poor kids have been FORCED to over come their fear...good grief!