Well, I hate admitting this to anybody, or nobody, for that matter, that reads this. But, I was not thrilled that Easter fell on Conference weekend. I know, and understand that it is a perfect fit for the weekend to revolve around Christ, and what we can gain from conference. However, it sure made it even harder to have the time to actually listen to any of conference in order to gain more knowledge. Between all the egg hunts, and family events, and so much more, I sure ended the weekend feeling exhausted, and sad that I didn't hear more of conference.
Having that said, now I can go into the weekend events. I'm still pretty tired from it all, so it won't be very descriptive of the entire weekend, but, like normal, there are a lot of pictures...
Having that said, now I can go into the weekend events. I'm still pretty tired from it all, so it won't be very descriptive of the entire weekend, but, like normal, there are a lot of pictures...
My Aunt Sarah, (on my hubbys side), brought her boys over for a little Easter egg hunt of our own, and it was so much fun! We started this a couple of years ago, so now the boys all look forward to it. It almost didn't happen, until last minute she found out she was off work, so we pulled it off!
I added this picture cause it was the only one I got with Sadie in it that day, and I thought it was hilarious that as soon as I put her with them, she immediately took candy out of their baskets.
We lucked out, and actually had good enough weather to have the hunt outside, and then go on a little walk around our yard and greenhouses.
Palmyra Easter Egg Hunt
This is also something fun I look forward to every year. My friend, Robyn and I, take charge of the "community hunt". It turned out awesome because so many people are always willing to help out in any way they can. The food is always amazing, and with all the money donations we get, we are always able to hold a drawing for prizes, and pay for all the food people prepare for it. Robyn and I are in charge, but with all the help people offer, we don't usually have to actually do much. It just all comes together perfectly. I hope for my kids sake, we can continue this year after year. 



Clayton Easter Egg Hunt



Craft Time (Bird's nests)
We ran out of time this year to get around to coloring eggs, but I did try this with the kids, and they loved it. It was fun, and the boys wanted to do it again, so I would call that a success!!
I didn't get pictures of the kids Easter morning with their baskets, but you can imagine, they got plenty! I also didn't get pictures of "girls night out" during priesthood conference. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I take enough of other things to make up for it. :)
I'm excited to read the Conference talks since I missed out on them, and my goal for next conference is to try not to plan anything else that weekend, and dedicate myself to our leaders of the church. I know I need to change a lot in my life, and I hate missing out on all their great advice and spirit they bring to the sessions. Maybe after I read them, I'll do a post on what I learned. :)
I didn't get pictures of the kids Easter morning with their baskets, but you can imagine, they got plenty! I also didn't get pictures of "girls night out" during priesthood conference. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I take enough of other things to make up for it. :)
I'm excited to read the Conference talks since I missed out on them, and my goal for next conference is to try not to plan anything else that weekend, and dedicate myself to our leaders of the church. I know I need to change a lot in my life, and I hate missing out on all their great advice and spirit they bring to the sessions. Maybe after I read them, I'll do a post on what I learned. :)







4 comments:
I am so glad that you admitted to the whole conference thing because I felt the exact same way...and I didn't listed to a single entire talk with everything that was going on. So now I am playing catch up with the conference talks on my Ipod...ya gotta love technology;) Love the bunny ears!!
Don't feel bad, I didn't catch much of conference either...I actually would rather read the talks with my highlighter handy. Those birds nests are adorable!
Darling nests...you may need to pass that idea along to me. Instead of coloring eggs, we decided we'd do Rice Krispie treat 'eggs' and then none of us felt like ANY MORE treats that day. Later maybe.
I love the pictures of your kids playing outside. You've got a great area for letting them roam around outside...just beautiful.
Bon, you never cease to amaze me. You are always doing fun things with your kids, spending time with friends, church callings, and and and a community Easter egg hunt. Wow!!! I agree with it being so much harder with Conference the same weekend. We bagged seeing a lot of family this year and enjoyed doing stuff with our kids at home. You are my hero and I have always looked up to you in so many ways. I love your posts and I love you!
Post a Comment