Thursday, August 6

Thursday's Thirteen #4

13 Places I have been

  1. Washington DC- My amazing Dad is the history teacher at Grantsville Middle School, so he is able to take a group of kids almost every year, and my 8th grade year, he took me!! What an experience it was, although I have to admit I should probably go as an adult to truly appreciate it all.
  2. Amish Country, Pennsylvania- I'm not sure of the real name of the place, but it was part of my DC trip. It was neat to see another way of life in the beautiful farm lands. One of my Dad's favorite things about it is the "Shoe Fly Pie"!! Doesn't that just sound disgusting? (Well, it is!) One of my favorite memories of it, is watching my Dad play jump rope with the kids!
  3. Henry's Lake, Idaho- We camped at Henry's Lake a few summers while growing up with some family friends. My parents went more times than I did. But, I do remember fishing early morning with my Dad, and being the only girl on the boat. I love the outdoors!
  4. Yellowstone National Park- All a part of the Henry's Lake experience. I remember going to a Rodeo, and every joke they made was bashing Utah!! It was pretty funny!
  5. Wendover Nevada- Not really exciting at all, but living so close to it, it's almost impossible not to have been there at least once. I remember driving with Belinda and her family there occasionally. That's all I really remember about it.
  6. Zion's National Park- When I lived in St. George, I went hiking with a bunch of friends. It was beautiful!! I would love to go back some day.
  7. Jackson Hole, Wyoming- My sweet husband took me there for our honeymoon, and it could not have been more perfect!! What a beautiful little town! Lots of great memories!!
  8. Las Vegas, Nevada- Again, living in St. George brought me here many times. Most of which were with my amazing boyfriend at the time, hubby now, Jason!! I think we will always love that place just because of that year we were dating, we went many times with great friends.
  9. Lake Powell- The first few years of our marriage, we were able to go a couple of times with Jason's family, and I have to say, it is seriously "Heaven on Earth". I know, I know, cliche, but so true. I have to say it.
  10. Starvation Reservoir- Not very far away from home, but we look forward to this vacation every Labor Day! It is so fun to see family that we only see at this family reunion. It always makes for the perfect "end of summer" camping trip!
  11. California- Disnelyand- Sea World- All great places that since we have been married, we have been able to visit a few times, and we look forward to visiting again this winter!! My husband is so cute to watch as he becomes like a child again every time!! It gets better and better as our kids are getting older!!
  12. Bear Lake- This is our most recent visit! We just got back yesterday, and it was amazing!!! We are hoping to do this trip every year from now on. My generous parents took my whole family, and we are so grateful to them for these amazing times spent with our family!
  13. Last, but not least... PALMYRA.... wait for it!... not NY, yes... Palmyra, UTAH!!!! I bet you didn't even know it existed, but it does!! And that is where we live!!! We are just west of Spanish Fork, east of Lake Shore, and in a beautiful farm community!! We love it, and plan, for now, to raise our cute family there!!

2 comments:

Hillary Mondragon said...

Lots of memories of that 8th grade DV trip...loved it! PS Jealous of your new camara!!

Heather said...

Amsih Country=Lancaster County. It's one of my best vacations since living on the East Coast.