The morning of my birthday, I ran my first 5K! It was the zombie run/obstacle course, so it was so much fun!! I had started to train weeks prior, but for the last week or 2 I had been getting horrible headaches and migraines, so I hadn't ever actually done 3 miles yet like I had intended, so I was super nervous. But with the adrenaline, or whatever, I was able to do it! With the obstacles, I guess I was able to get tiny breaks from running, but they were super hard on my legs because they were mostly climbing. After each obstacle, my legs were shaking horribly, and I was breathing even harder. They were a good way to distract me from the running though. I had fun, but running straight for long lengths of time isn't my favorite, which is why this was perfect for me! It was crazy zig-zaggy, (yep, I used the word zig-zaggy), and all through dirt/mud, and rocks. The zombies cornered me a few times, and there was lots of screaming involved throughout. I loved every second of it! The kids gave me my present before the run, since it was new gloves and the ear warmer for my race that morning. I loved it!
This picture is right before leaving for the 5k. I love sharing my birthday with this girl!!
The boys wrapped her presents, so the big one got wrapped in just about every wrapping paper we have! Apparently, I need to go wrapping paper shopping. :)
She has been dying over these ear muffs from the Disney store for weeks now, so she was pretty excited when she opened them up.
She's been pulling this funny eye-averting thing for pictures lately. She'll smile perfect, but then as soon as the picture takes, she looks to the side for some reason. It is the funniest thing, but it sure can take a while to get a picture of her looking at the camera. She's such a funny little girl!
After my run, and after Sadie opened her presents. She was so excited for the ear muffs and my ear warmer since she goes along with me on my walk/jogs in the stroller. :)
That night, we all cuddled up to watch the new Tinkerbell movie, Secret of the Wings. Sadie has been dying to see it since she saw the first preview forever ago! She was so excited!!
Both sets of grandparents were able to come over a few hours before dinner and before the craziness took over with all the cousins. So, they had Sadie open up her presents from them while it was quiet. It was so nice to be able to sit and relax with them all. The kids especially loved it.
Annie made us some great matching scarves and bracelets!
Blowing out the candles... it was much easier carrying the cake into the front room, rather than herd all the people into the kitchen to sing. :)































No comments:
Post a Comment