Monday, October 8

Conference Weekend

So, for the many years we've been in this house, I've dreamt of what I can do to the yard. But for many reasons, I have never done anything. This spring, I begged Jason to let me do something this year, I was tired of always wishing. It's not that he's mean, it's just that yard is a lot of work, and he literally works with plants for a living, so when it's spring, and the time to do it, he's NEVER home, and I never had the courage to just do it on my own. Financial reasons may have been in there somewhere too. :) Who knew a few measly plants could cost so much?!?!  Apparently Jason did. Hehe.
So, I finally was able to convince him that the plants could be an early birthday present for me, and away he went with the project. He dug out the grass all along the front of our front deck, headed to Olsen's, and started planting away!! The kids were such a HUGE help. I can't believe how big Logan is getting, and what a hard worker he is turning out to be. He seriously dug the holes and planted the ENTIRE time that Jason was working. He only stopped for a piece of pizza, then went right back to it. I think they all loved how it turned out just as much as I did, and now I can't wait for next year to see how much they will all grow! What a difference those tiny plants have already made!! I love my Mr., and I know he loves me! He is the best! And what a blessing to spend the weekend listening to conference with my little family while working in the yard together. Then, to spend all of Sunday with extended family on both sides... I am blessed!
Happy (early) birthday to me!!








Sadie made a whole set of drums out of all the plants pots. She was loving it!



My neighbor's dog had 8 puppies!!! They are so cute, and my kids can't get enough of them.


Shucking corn... something I never loved doing as a kid, but even still, I cherish those memories now. I hope my kids will always do it, and love it like they do now.
My nephew Tyrel, who just turned 18 this week!! So, the "little" announcement that President Monson made about the missionary age hit a little close to home for him. :)

No comments: