Wednesday, October 10

Pumpkin Harvest

When we got home from the zoo, we headed out to the garden to finally pick the rest of the pumpkins that were remaining around all the dead plants. We've picked a lot of them already, but have needed to finish it so we can finally get the garden all cleaned up. The tomatoes are still doing really great, but I definitely learned that I, in no way, need 3 cherry tomato plants! They were everywhere, and we don't even like them! We had to DIG through all the plants to find our regular sized tomatoes that we were able to enjoy. The zucchini did great, the cucumbers worked, but I didn't love how they tasted. They were a little too soft for my liking. Maybe I was picking them too late? I don't know...
The onions were great, and the peppers were fantastic for a time. I now know not to plant like 6 different kinds, because they go to waste.  I've loved, loved having my little garden to go out to for different ingredients, and can't wait to plant next years with all the things I've learned from this years mistakes. I'm sure every year is a learning experience of some sort, and I love it!







1 comment:

Brian and Kim said...

Your kids are beautiful and growing up way too fast!! Miss your guts!