Saturday, August 25

First day of school

Logan---- 2nd Grade--- Mrs. Fox
Austin--- Kindergarten -(take 2)--- Miss Mindee
My sweet little Austin attended Kindergarten last year, and did great, but with a July birthday, I was never quite sure it was the right thing for him. So, we held him back  this year. The thought of him being the oldest made me a little more comfortable with things, rather than the youngest. Plus, he does struggle with reading quite a bit, and he is the tiniest little guy out there. He came home quite a few days this last year sad about being so much smaller than the other kids. Granted, he has the best little personality for that, I still felt better with the thought that he could be better sized up with the kindergartners this year. Unfortunately, he is still smaller than most, and he definitely noticed, but regardless, he has a great attitude, and I'm feeling great about my decision.


They were both completely excited about the first day, and would have been fine without me to walk them in... but I did anyway. I was happy to see them both so excited about school. Logan was a tiny bit nervous, but had no problem walking right in and immediately organizing all his new school supplies into he desk. And Austin has loved that Miss Mindee has made him a huge helper for her, since he's an old timer at this. She's been so great with him, and us with making this hard decision.


Sadie always has to throw herself into a picture somewhere. Ha!

No comments: