Friday, May 11

Austin's field trip

Bean Museum

Well, it was supposed to be a field trip to the Bean Museum, however the bus driver cancelled the morning of without informing the school. So, we waited about 20 minutes for the bus to arrive only to end in disappointment. Luckily, the school is within walking distance of this great farm owned by the sweetest guy ever. (I don't remember what it is called) But he allows schools and groups all the time to tour his farm and see all the amazing animals. Unfortunately, I had miss Sadie along for the ride, and no stroller in the van. The instant we arrived at the place, she went nuts. My little sweetie is deathly afraid of dogs, and apparently all large animals. This man owns the largest dog I have ever seen in my life, so needless to say, Sadie wanted nothing to do with any of that tour!! She clung on to me the entire time, most of it still crying. It was so sad for her. I wasn't able to go on the tour with the kids, but I had to stay so I could help them on the walk back to the school. It was a long wait, waiting for those kindergartners. The first picture is the only one of the kids I was able to get, and they were forever away from us. She continued to cry the entire walk back to the school. It was a worthless day for me to try and help out. :) Poor, scared, little Sadie.

(Any suggestions on how to help her with these fears???)

No comments: