Wednesday, July 25

Pioneer Day

The Saturday before the holiday, the kids were on our ward float for the children's parade! They got to pretend they were baseball players, and loved every second of it.
This year was more exciting than usual! My cousin Jill invited us to sleep over the night before the 24th, and attend the children's rodeo with them. IT WAS A BLAST!!! My kids were able to experience Fairviews 24th like I remember as a kid. At 6 AM, fire engines drive all through town honking, and playing their sirens. This goes on for a good 10 minutes, so you better believe that you will be woken up from it!
The kids got to participate in a few events at the rodeo, including the money chase, and barnyard run. (I'm not sure of the real names... I may have made them up.) Anyway, for the money chase, they put a bunch of money onto a goat and let the kids chase it around trying to take it off. & the barnyard run is where they let loose a bunch of farm animals like bunnies, ducks, geese, & chickens, and the kids get to keep whatever they might catch! It is hilarious to watch, and I couldn't believe it when Logan actually went down for the barnyard run. I think that just proves he is incredibly desperate for a pet! Poor kid. :)





This is one of the groups of kids getting ready to run! Don't you just feel so bad for the animals??  I did...



Sadie came the closest to catching anything. The rodeo clown placed a bunny right at her feet for her to pick up, but she hesitated for a second. So, right as she finally leaned over and was about to pick it up, a kid ran and snatched it up! She was a good sport about it though.
The next morning, my cousin was to run the Fairview 5K, so he asked Jason to join him, and Jason did! He finished it in good time with no training at all. He loved it, and can't wait to try it again next year, with a little more training, of course.
Then there was the parade! I absolutely love hanging out at my Grandma's house and visiting with all my cousins that I don't get to see nearly enough, while the kids enjoy the parade. Fairview sure knows how to celebrate!




And I always look forward to the rest of the day spent at my Aunt Janet's. She is the best to let us all come over for some yummy food, great company, and fun water games.

I can't thank you enough Jill, Casey, Jamie, RJ, Aunt Janet, and Uncle Chad!!! You are all the best, and I look forward to the 24th every year because of y'all.

No comments: