Tuesday, July 3

June Happenings

        June was filled with so much fun! I can't believe that it's over. I'm a little sad, but I know that July is filled with just as much! I love, love, love the summer, and having the kids home with me has been the best thing ever! I miss them when they are at school, and I'm already sad when I think that we are a whole month into the summer vacation already. Anyway, here are some of the highlights from June (sorry about so many pictures)...
Annie invited us to the Herriman beach/reservoir one day, so we had a blast just hanging out with great company. The kids were sad when it was time to leave.
                               




We were able to spend half a day in Manti with my mom, visiting family and the temple. Manti is truly one of my favorite places ever. I have so many fond memories there from my childhood, and I love sharing it all with my kids. My Aunt Camille was so nice to cook us a yummy lunch and let us play all over her farm.





 It happened to be the week of the Manti Pageant, so I couldn't resist taking this picture of all the chairs from the top of the temple hill. The nice guy that was on watch for the time told us that there was a total of 14,000 chairs!!!

CAMPING!!! I love to camp, especially with my family, and our great friends. We were only able to actually sleep in our tent one night due to both of us having to work. But the Roberts were up there for a few nights, so after work we were still able to go up for dinner and back home to sleep.




We finally made it to Seven Peaks, and the kids had a blast. Because of the crowds though, it's hard for me to make myself go back. We'll see if I can do it. :)



What's summer without snow cones!? We've been for snow cones a few times so far, and plan on at least a few more in the next couple of months...
 Since we've had the piano in the house, we have all enjoyed it so, so much. There's something about having a piano in the home that makes it feel complete. I can't wait to get the kids started in lessons. Hopefully they have a love for music as much as I do, and want to pursue some type of a musical talent.  


 We had the kids pictures taken, (we still haven't even received the cd yet), but I can't wait to see them! It's a tradition for us to go to Macey's for ice cream after pictures, so here they are loving it.



And of course the splash pad. We all enjoy the splash pad. The kids get wet, and have the option to play at the park as well, and I love it because it's free! You can't beat that. :)






We went up the mountains for tinfoil dinners and smore's for the June birthdays with the Claytons. Food up the mountains... another thing I love so much.





This is Austin watching Jason up to bat at his softball game. It's fun to watch him play.


And finally.... boating! We headed to Deer Creek for some fun. Hannah finally got up on the wake board, Austin joined Jason wake boarding, and Logan got into the water with the wake board on, but wanted back in the boat immediately. He was so gung ho(sp?) to wake board, but Jason put the wake board on him before putting him into the water. So, when he was dropped into the cold, cold water and forced to lay back because of the wake board on his feet, he panicked. The poor kid was so bummed. He also blamed it on his life jacket. Hahaha! He said that it doesn't really work anymore because it's getting too small. Which, he was right that it is a little small, but it definitely would still work. Hehe. He's a funny boy. So, we have purchased a bigger life jacket, and he's claiming that when we go again, he will definitely wake board. I hope he really does. I can see how badly he wants to, but like me, he lets his fears get in the way at times.











No comments: