Sunday, July 10

Small Town U.S.A.!!

The 4th is always a busy, busy day for us, but it's one of my favorite days of the year. We start out the morning bright and early at 7 for our neighborhood breakfast. It's yummy food, and always a great program to start us off. This year they had a young returned soldier from the war who had lost his leg. He was a lot younger than us, and gave an inspiring talk of his experience and love for our country. A great way to begin a day of celebration for our great country. Then, we head out to Grantsville for the small town celebrations that we love so much. It may be redneck, but it's definitely what America is all about.


Lots, and lots of candy!


Yeah, it rained on our parade. :) However, it was a nice change from past years of crazy heat.





Birthday Boys!!
Happy Birthday to my Dad!! I just love that his birthday is on the 4th. It's perfectly fitting for the great American history teacher that he is. & Austin's b-day is on the 13th, so we love to throw in a little celebration for him too.


After the parade and a great BBQ at my parents house, we usually head over to the park for the festivities held their, but this year, my sister Tami had emergency surgery a few days before the holiday, so we skipped out on the park and headed to the hospital to see her. We definitely missed having her around for all the fun.
After the hospital trip, we were off to Sandy to go enjoy our second round of celebrations with the Claytons. Not so small town, but so much fun to be with all the cousins we love so much.
We walked down to the area they hold the fireworks and parade, and set up for hours, literally hours, of sitting and waiting. It's so much fun just enjoying each others company, listening to the concert they hold, while eating junk food all night long!
Sadie was dancing more than I've ever seen her dance, and it was hilarious! I tried getting a decent pic of her dancing, but that's pretty hard. Especially when you see this face she's pulling? That's what I get when she sees me hold up the camera. So funny... maybe a little diva?



yummy snow cones!


Sadie was having so much fun!

More dancing!!


Grandpa Clayton, Austin, and Megan

A little bored, a litte silly! We were cracking up over how this picture turned out. I love this man


Logan wouldn't let me take a picture of him all night, so I finally snuck this one in while we were singing the national anthem.
Finally he agreed to a picture as long as it was with me. :)
The fireworks were better than ever this year. Sadie was a little nervous, and kept saying they were scaring her, but at the end, she couldn't stop talking about them. She loved the pink ones, and let everyone know it. The boys didn't have much to say, other than they loved them, and had a lot of fun! Perfect day!!

6 comments:

Leeann said...

You are so beautiful and your family is adorable! I'm glad you had a perfect day!

Rachel said...

I love so much that they had the national anthem with the fireworks...that's what it's all about, really. I always wish we could see each other while we're out in G-ville on the same day but it's so crazy and full, I know it'd be a long shot. Someday, maybe. ;) I hope Tami's doing OK, poor girl!

Lacey Sue said...

Hey you! I was just right down the street from you, I probably saw you and didn't realize it was YOU!!! :) I love small town celebrations!!! So glad you were able to share it with your loved ones! Your fam is DARLING!

Brian and Kim said...

Bonnie, your kids are so full of life! Love you guys!

Bryce & Nicole said...

Looks like so much fun! We really missed being with the Clayton Family on the 4th. Let's get together soon!

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

Cute Cute Cute! Looks like loads of fun :)