One of the many huge windstorms we've had this spring completely won the battle between it and this tree. It's hard to see from these pictures, but what this one tree created for my 2 boys is absolutely priceless. It fell over the irrigation ditch, creating an amazing bridge, & gave just enough distance between that shed and the tree to create a little boys paradise... seriously. Even I was a little obsessed. In the days following the windstorm, my boys, and occasionally some friends spent literally hours in this tree. They were the happiest I've ever seen them, they were coming up with new plans for this tree every day.
So, why a tragedy you may ask? Well, let me tell you... because it was on the other side of the ditch, it wasn't our tree. We were planning on getting rid of it ourselves, not really thinking about the fact that the neighbors might. We apparently are just a little slower than our fellow farmers. My friend was watching my kids for me while I was at work one day, when she texted me that she had to hold Logan in the house in fear that he may get hurt. I was a little confused, so I called. It was more serious than I thought... She really was holding him in, the reason being, some men had arrived to remove the tree. Logan had literally wrapped his little body around the tree, and was screaming. He did not want that tree to go. She told me he kept darting out to try and stand in thier way. I know it sounds silly to everyone else, and you may be laughing, but because it's hard enough that I have to leave my kids for work, I started to cry. If Logan was at home crying, and I couldn't be there for him, my heart was broken. I called Jason to tell him what was going on. Apparently he knew, but thought it was funny. After talking to him, I was able to laugh at it as well, but I am still sad for Logan. He was heartbroken over it. Jason doesn't want to think of his boy as a tree hugger, but sorry babe... I'm afraid he is...literally! Hahahaha!!
So, why a tragedy you may ask? Well, let me tell you... because it was on the other side of the ditch, it wasn't our tree. We were planning on getting rid of it ourselves, not really thinking about the fact that the neighbors might. We apparently are just a little slower than our fellow farmers. My friend was watching my kids for me while I was at work one day, when she texted me that she had to hold Logan in the house in fear that he may get hurt. I was a little confused, so I called. It was more serious than I thought... She really was holding him in, the reason being, some men had arrived to remove the tree. Logan had literally wrapped his little body around the tree, and was screaming. He did not want that tree to go. She told me he kept darting out to try and stand in thier way. I know it sounds silly to everyone else, and you may be laughing, but because it's hard enough that I have to leave my kids for work, I started to cry. If Logan was at home crying, and I couldn't be there for him, my heart was broken. I called Jason to tell him what was going on. Apparently he knew, but thought it was funny. After talking to him, I was able to laugh at it as well, but I am still sad for Logan. He was heartbroken over it. Jason doesn't want to think of his boy as a tree hugger, but sorry babe... I'm afraid he is...literally! Hahahaha!!



1 comment:
Oh! So tender!!!! ITs amazing to me what kids can create out of simple things- a fallen tree, a ditch, some rocks and you have yourself a castle! I love it!
Post a Comment