My dear Dad, has retired this year from 36 years of teaching for Tooele county school district. I'm so excited for him, however I know he is sincerely nervous about staying home when fall arrives, and the school year approaches.
He waited so long to make the announcement because he truly couldn't decide. I don't think he was ready, but when it came down to it, it was the smarter thing to do. I was so excited to be able to quickly put together a surprise party at Chuck-A-Rama for him. I invited all of his 5 sisters and spouses, and of course my immediate family. It was so neat that they were all willing to travel for my Dad. He loves his sisters, and I know it meant the world to him to see them all there. The funny thing was that my Mom had to tell him that she thought I had an "announcement" to get him there. It was the last week of school, and everyone was busy, so she wanted it to sound like it was an important night out with me and Jason. He was disappointed I think, that I didn't have a "real announcement". But it was so fun to his emotion rise as he turned the corner to see them all sitting there. My Dad wears his heart on his sleeve (which is where I get that from), and I love him for it. He's the best! I love you Dad!!
He waited so long to make the announcement because he truly couldn't decide. I don't think he was ready, but when it came down to it, it was the smarter thing to do. I was so excited to be able to quickly put together a surprise party at Chuck-A-Rama for him. I invited all of his 5 sisters and spouses, and of course my immediate family. It was so neat that they were all willing to travel for my Dad. He loves his sisters, and I know it meant the world to him to see them all there. The funny thing was that my Mom had to tell him that she thought I had an "announcement" to get him there. It was the last week of school, and everyone was busy, so she wanted it to sound like it was an important night out with me and Jason. He was disappointed I think, that I didn't have a "real announcement". But it was so fun to his emotion rise as he turned the corner to see them all sitting there. My Dad wears his heart on his sleeve (which is where I get that from), and I love him for it. He's the best! I love you Dad!!
Then, the following Monday night, the school held an open house for him. He had an amazing turnout, and I couldn't be happier for him. He deserves the best!












No comments:
Post a Comment