Friday, November 12

Pumpkins

I have to write this story about Logan and his pumpkin before I forget... When Logan went on his school field trip to a pumpkin patch, they were told to bring $1.00 to purchase a small pumpkin. However when I arrived to pick him up, he could barely carry his pumpkin to the van because it was so big. At first I didn't really think anything of it, but his teacher walked over to tell me the reason his pumpkin was so big. She said that Logan actually talked the man down to $1.00 on this pumpkin. Logan's reasoning you may ask??? It still had green on it!! I was busting up. Am I really raising my kids to be bargain shoppers? I don't know whether this is a good thing or not. I knew Logan took after me in a lot of ways, I just had no idea this was one of them. I think I can thank my own mom for that... quality?? I don't know what to call it. Lol.
I only wish I could be there to witness those times, because when I'm around he's clingy and shy around other people. I can't even imagine it.

Then the story turns a little sweeter. A few days later when Jason was having the boys draw the face they wanted Jason to carve on their pumpkins, Logan went outside to bring that pumpkin in for SADIE to use. He said she should have the "perfect" pumpkin!! We were cracking up. He's always looking out for his little sister. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Impressive. Looks like he's ready to be out on his own! :) What a sweet big brother, too.

Brian and Kim said...

I'm going to have to take him shopping with me. I'd love a shopping partner who can barter!! :)

Kaysie Adams said...

He is so sweet!! I love that he wanted to give it to Sadie. What a cute story! I love that kid!