So, who goes on a trip to Cali, and catches strep throat on day #2 of being there?! Me, me, me!!!! It was so, so sad. I woke up the second day with a sore throat, and being all too familiar with strep throat, I pretty much knew what it was going to be. However, that day, Sea World was in store, and even though I was in tears and hurt EVERYWHERE, I was determined not to miss. I was pretty miserable for most of the day, but still had fun watching my cute kiddos enjoy themselves. But by the end of the day, high fever, body aches, headache, and sore throat had hit with a vengeance. I ran to bed the instant we returned, and slept till the next morning, waking up every so often from the fever. The next morning was even worse with all the aches and pains. And swallowing didn't even seem like an option. I knew I wasn't getting out of bed that day no matter what. Luckily, everyone was just planning on hanging out at the beach, so I wouldn't be missing a big deal. Jason could see that this wasn't just a small thing kicking my trash. He knew that when I get strep throat, it's not something to be ignored. So, that amazing man of mine went to work figuring out how to get me the medical attention I needed. I awoke to him lying next to me in the bed, writing down notes he was taking from someone on the phone. If you know this man, he does not make phone calls like this. He doesn't make his own appointments, and he surely wouldn't know how to make one for someone else. But he was on a mission to find me an instacare that was covered by our insurance. I know this sounds ridiculous, but to me, this was a sure sign that he loved me more than anything. He was worried, and he wasn't going to stop until he helped me out. After a chain of phone calls, and being on hold, and passed back and forth from doctor offices and insurance people, he finally found an instacare we could go to that was only a couple of blocks away from where we were staying. Huge thanks to everyone else for watching my kids on the beach, he was able to take me to the doctor and pharmacy for what I needed. I got me my antibiotics and a Slurpee, and back to bed I went for the remainder of the day. The next morning, I was still in pretty bad shape, but could tell that the antibiotics were already starting to kick in. So, off to Sea World we went for the second go around!

Jason obviously took this picture while I was passed out in the bed. He was trying to get the beach in the background through the doors cause he thought it was pretty funny. But the sunlight was too bright and it didn't work.
No comments:
Post a Comment