If you know my Dad, you know that he is a die hard Aggie till he dies. He has got to be the most loyal alumni out there, I swear. He goes to every home game he can, so of course this year has been no different. Other than a little more special for the rest of us. We got him amazing season ticket seats for Father's Day which included 4 seats on about the 5th row up. So, he has tried to take us all at least once to a game with him. It hadn't worked out for me yet, since I live the farthest away, and work, and you know, just live a busy life like the rest of the world. Anyway, so he thought it would be fun to take my whole family to a Saturday game, and then spend the night in a hotel just to make a weekend of it. Because there were more of us, we just purchased general admission seats for the kids, and sat up top where they could move around as needed. It's also better for my Dad anyway, with all his pain and such.
My Dad bought Sadie some "pom poms", and she was in heaven! She cheered her little heart out, and got so excited every time she could spot the cheerleaders doing a dance.
Logan is truly starting to love the game of football, and I absolutely love it. I grew up with football on the t.v. all the time, and now it's so much fun to see Logan and Jason enjoy that bond together.
Of course my parents spoiled us all and took us to buy some Aggie apparel before the game. The kids chose the matching pink for me and Sadie. I actually felt out of place since just about the entire stadium is covered in "Aggie blue".Logan picked out a hat instead of a shirt. Even though he forgets to wear them most days, he really loves his hats.
This picture will always make me smile. My Dad has always hated more than anything when people wear a hat backwards. So, naturally, my family always has to tease him a little with it. Logan thinks it's hilarious, so when my Dad actually turned his own hat around, I couldn't resist taking a picture because I'm sure it will never happen again. It was pretty funny.
After the game, we checked into the hotel, my Mom and I got to do a little antique store browsing, while the rest stayed there and worked on some crafts that my mom brought along for the kids. When we got back to the hotel, we were all starving so we headed to Chuck A Rama for an excellent meal. (Yes, I honestly love the place. I'm an 80 yr old at heart in SO many ways!) Then it was back to the hotel for a couple hours of swimming, a little s'more making in the microwave, and off to bed! It was such a special weekend that I'm pretty sure we will all cherish for a long, long time. I love my parents so much, and wouldn't know what to do without them. They sure know how to make us all feel loved.


















No comments:
Post a Comment