A couple of friends came over to my house the other day for a HUGE day of canning! It was a blast, but definitely a lot of hard work. We had boxes, and boxes of apples to do, and only one day to do it in. Unfortunately we didn't get them all done, and we only got to the applesauce. I was really excited to have apple slices for pie or any other yummy apple desserts as well as applesauce. Oh well, there's always next year. :)


I've always known that canning anything is one of the messiest tasks that can be done in a kitchen, but I had no idea that applesauce is probably the messiest!! It was hilarious! I wish that I would have taken pictures of the process, but I couldn't... we were COVERED in apples guts!!



I've always known that canning anything is one of the messiest tasks that can be done in a kitchen, but I had no idea that applesauce is probably the messiest!! It was hilarious! I wish that I would have taken pictures of the process, but I couldn't... we were COVERED in apples guts!!One exhausting day + fun time spent with great friends= 50 quart jars of YUMMY applesauce!
My favorite thing about canning is the great feeling of accomplishment afterwards, and then every time I open one up for my family to enjoy knowing it was prepared by me.
2 comments:
Wow, so much work! I did peaches last year and I loved them, but they hardly lasted me a month, I can't imagine how many I would have to do to last a year! Maybe one day...
Good Job!! I am totally impressed. I did a little bit of pear sauce and that totally was exhausting. But like you said, it was totally worth it.
Post a Comment