Saturday, October 29

The carving of the pumpkins

We held it off as long as we could, we finally had to let the kiddos dig into their pumpkins that they had been asking to carve for weeks. A couple of days before Halloween is better than never, right? :)


I love that when we do things like this, each of their personalities get to shine through in their own little ways. I feel like I am getting to learn more and more about them as they are turning into actual people, and I love it! They are so much fun!


Austin and Sadie were all about digging in and getting dirty. They didn't really care about what the faces were going to look like. Logan, on the other hand, could never dig into a pumpkin... too gross. He spent his time drawing up a bunch of different jack o lantern faces on a piece of paper. & when the time came, he displayed them to the others for them to pick out the face they wanted on their pumpkin. It was cracking us up! Especially the fact that Sadie and Austin chose one of his faces without even realizing that Logan was basically taking over. Of course Jason had to do the carving, but they still loved every second of it.








1 comment:

Becky said...

I love that it is OCTOBER and Austin is in his swimming clothes! Hilarious!