Friday, September 2

Just Us Girls!

The first week of school for the boys, Sadie & I had the greatest time. (Of course we missed the boys) However, I think Sadie realized the fun & attention she can have due to their absence. We only have a couple of hours since Austin is in Kindergarten, but it's amazing the things I can get done with only one child at home in that short amount of time.

We were able to make rolls & bread...

play dress up to our hearts desire (not much of a dress up picture, but this was one of many "outfits" she put together...
play "grocery shopping" &/or "house"...

Can some apricot nectar...YUMMY...

Bake banana bread...

Put this little puppy to good use. I LOVE a good crockpot recipe, so PLEASE feel free to send me any or all of you have! It's such a great feeling knowing dinner is already brewing so the crazy nightly chores are all so much easier...
& of course, bake some yummy treats!!
This little girl of mine is such a joy, and I am treasuring every moment we are getting to have a little much needed, girly time together. I love that she loves to be with me in the kitchen. I absolutely love to bake, cook, can, or do anything in the kitchen. So, with them at school I'm so lucky I can finally try to do more of this & maybe enjoy being a housewife a little more. I'm even finally able to exercise with all my friends that have kiddos Sadie's age almost every morning, and she is absolutely loving that too. But don't worry... I would NEVER torture you with a picture of myself in that get up!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

It sounds like you have it way too easy over there at your house!! You are having way too much fun!

Rachel said...

That little treat used to be a signature at the Jefferies get-togethers. :) I'm dying looking at those rolls and yummy breads. I'm a sucker for carbs!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Oh man she is adorable & looking so BIG! I can't believe that is tiny Sadie! Looks like you guys are having so much fun!!!