Austin has been waiting FOREVER to start preschool! I had him enrolled last year, but on the morning he was supposed to start, I decided to take him out due to financial reasons. (preschool is expensive!!) Anyway, I cried that whole first week, simply because he was so excited to go, and I felt like the worst mommy in the world for taking him out. I had to listen to him ask all year long when he'd be four so he could go. It was a LONG year for him watching his big brother go, but he survived! You have to admit how hard that would have been for him to watch his brother, that is only one year older than him, go for 2 years. It was sad for us all. Then, to top it off, Logan's Kindergarten started almost a full month before Austin's preschool did. So, every morning I took Logan, poor Austin would ask why he still isn't going to preschool. He would even say, "I thought Logan went when he was 4", with tears in his eyes!! Even though I knew he would be starting soon, it always broke my heart. So, every morning I took Logan to school, we had to drive past Austin's preschool on our way home, as if we were already on our little morning routine. He loved it.
Well, my little man finally started the week after Labor Day weekend! It was a HUGE day for him! When I walked him up to the door, he turned around, waved at me, and walked right in! COMPLETE opposite of Logan's first day of preschool. Lol! I couldn't even shed a tear, because I knew how excited we both were for this day to finally arrive!! I was even more excited to pick him up, and hear all about it! Needless to say, he absolutely loved it, and is doing great!!!
Well, my little man finally started the week after Labor Day weekend! It was a HUGE day for him! When I walked him up to the door, he turned around, waved at me, and walked right in! COMPLETE opposite of Logan's first day of preschool. Lol! I couldn't even shed a tear, because I knew how excited we both were for this day to finally arrive!! I was even more excited to pick him up, and hear all about it! Needless to say, he absolutely loved it, and is doing great!!!
5 comments:
The second kids just seem so much more prepared for growing up since they have such great examples! Megs never shed a tear either about leaving me for school!
I totally understand this!! We did the EXACT same thing with Braden!!! For the EXACT same reason! He was HEARTBROKEN! It was devastating for me to watch him be upset for an entire year over something! But thankfully this year- things worked out better- and he started the second week of September! Your little Austin is ADORABLE!!
I made that same decision with Sawyer this year. I just cannot afford two preschool tuitions! I've been feelin' guilty.
He is so cute! Miss him! I know Gwyn and him would have been the best of friends. : (
I'm so happy that he got to go! He is one handsome little dude. Your babes are growing up way too fast.
Post a Comment