Friday, August 13

Kindergarten Jumpstart

So, Logan's school started a program this year called, Kindergarten Jumpstart. It was optional for the kids starting Kindergarten this coming fall, set up to make the transition a little easier, and less stressful for them. With Logan being as shy as he is, I was super excited about it! I knew it would make the first day of Kindergarten a whole lot easier on the both of us. That morning I told him I wouldn't even make him smile for a picture since it wasn't the "real" first day of school. But I was able to trick him when I started taking pictures of Sadie... he can't resist not being in a picture with her, hehehe. I didn't get a picture of him alone, but I at least got him smiling!


I have to say, it all went a lot smoother than I ever imagined this day! I walked him in, and of course he wouldn't say hello, or even look up at his cute new teacher, but I knew this would happen. So,I walked him into the room a little further, since she pointed out a few things he could play with. He walked right over to where some kids were playing with blocks when a little boy looked up, and pushed the blocks towards Logan so he could join in. Thats when I about lost it. Logan knelt down, I snapped this picture, told him I loved him, and dragged Austin & Sadie out practicly kicking & screaming. (They of course wanted to play too!!) I made it to the van all right, but as soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, I was a mess! I called Jason to let him know it went okay and quickly hung up with him so I could call my mom. As soon as I heard her voice, I REALLY lost it!! Lol! I had such mixed emotions, I didn't know what to do. I cried to her for a few minutes, then just drove around for the entire 2 hours crying. I couldn't bring myself to even go home. I was worried sick about how HE was feeling about all of this! Finally, when I saw that handsome boy of mine run out of the classroom to me with a huge smile on his face, I knew "we" were going to be okay!!! (Now, lets hope I can handle his "real" first day a little better...yikes. )

2 comments:

Kaysie Adams said...

Oh Bon! I know just how you feel! Except with Chase, he couldn't wait for me to leave! He was practically pushing me out the door. It was the same this year too. I was able to get a hug out of him, but it had to be outside where no one could see! So cute! I'm nervous about Jaxon going tomorrow. He's just about as shy as Logan, so we'll see. At least his best friend is in his class, so that should help. I'm sure I'll be crying, too! Can't believe our babies are so grown up!!!

Amy said...

Bonnie, you poor thing! I don't know what I'm going to do either. I am so excited for Mae and her new stage in life, but what about me??? lol. I'm sure I'll be such a mess on her first day, too. I hope it gets better, for your sake Bonnie!