Friday, June 11

A fun fact about Logan...

...He goes into shock, and passes out when hurt!!!!
Now, some of you might not think of it as fun, but I think it's pretty funny, and will make for a good story when he gets older. It was a normal afternoon, and I was making him his favorite lunch, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I don't remember his exact words, but while I was making them, he appeared at my side with the bread knife, and all too calmly explained how he was carrying it, and somehow it cut his thumb. As I looked down at his thumb, it was then I saw all the blood, and gasped a little. He immediately started to freak out, I mean seriously, FREAK OUT! I couldn't calm him down in the least. Unfortunately for Logan, this behavior isn't uncommon. He's very dramatic, and hard to settle down when he's been hurt. He's been this way since he was a tiny baby with a hernia. Which is why I wasn't very sympathetic at the moment. Anyway, I made him sit down and wait since he wouldn't let me go anywhere near his thumb. As I finished serving Austin his lunch, I again turned my attention to Logan, trying to explain that I needed to at least look at it, but really needed to clean it, and cover it with a band aid. When all of a sudden, he grabbed his stomach in what looked like agonizing pain, while screaming "I'm sick, my tummies sick"! I told him to settle down, I needed to get him some sprite to help settle his tummy, but instead he sat on my lap, said in a MUCH calmer voice, he was too tired for sprite. I couldn't believe this, sprite is his favorite drink, and he had been waiting all day for a drink of the stuff. I said to him again, "let me lay you down on the couch, and I can get you a drink of sprite", again he started to say, "I'm too tired", but passed out before he could finish his sentence. I kind of panicked, but realized he was in shock. After all, I had gone into shock about 6 months before this when Austin bit through his lip, so I knew the signs all too well. So, I woke him up as much as I could to make sure he really was okay, and carried him onto the couch, where he lay for the next 2 hours dead asleep!!! My poor little guy, I'm so afraid for the day he gets a REAL injury!!


Austin had to curl up on the couch and ask for a pic to be taken of him "asleep" too. Do you think he craves for attention at all?? Lol!

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Oh. My. Word. I am seriously thinking I would have a hard time NOT laughing with this sweet boy! I think your in trouble the first time he gets hurt in high school playing football!! Now THAT'S a blog i can't wait to see :)! heheee Hope he's recovered and feeling bettter :)! Sweet little guy!

Rachel said...

Oh goodness. I don't know what I'd do if one of my kids passed out...probably pass out with them! :)