Friday, November 27

The Tree

Tradition has it, that the day after Thanksgiving, we head to Sun River Gardens to purchase our Christmas tree!! My family was still sick, and I had been awake for well over 24 hours due to Black Friday, but I wasn't going to let that change things! I got home from my Black Friday shopping trip at about 11:00, and we packed the kids into the van, and had a fun afternoon, regardless. (Sorry babe, he was the one not feeling good.) Anyway, we threw the tree on top of the van and had our traditional, tree-buying, lunch at Iceberg! Not fancy, but oh, so yummy!!!



Let me explain... I mentioned before, I had been awake for a REALLY LONG time! Lol! We would have decorated the tree as soon as we got home, but if you look closely at the picture, I am unconscious! Jason thought it was funny that he took this picture with me included. (not funny) But, if you think this is bad, you should see the close-up!!! Yikes!!
Anyway, the tree Logan is holding (look SUPER close), is the tree Jason had with him on his mission. It's been such a great tree for us. It carries awesome memories for him, and now the boys have it in their room. It also has tiny little decorations for it, but Logan hadn't put them on yet.



And finally, the fun part!!



I love this picture. As you can assume, this is where the majority of the ornaments were placed.
Poor Sadie was so sick, she had already gone to bed. :(
Jason had just put on the star, which he and Logan had gone to Tai Pan for TWICE that night! Logan has been saying for months that we NEED a star for our tree, so Jason took him to pick it out. Since tree toppers aren't quite the big deal as they used to be, it took them almost two hours of "hunting" Tai Pan for this. Leave it to Logan to find exactly what he is looking for!! Well, they purchased the star....they thought, and came home. When Logan brought in the bag of items to show me, he was very disappointed when the star wasn't in the bag!! Jason took Logan BACK to the store, and found the star sitting on the checkout stand!! They had a full on conversation with the checker about the star, and he somehow didn't even ring it up, let alone put it in the bag! It was so funny! So, hours later, we were finally able to decorate the tree!!
I've always loved this time of year, but with the kids growing older, each year has proved to be more and more fun!!
(Especially since "Santa" is pretty close to being completely done shopping!!)
Well, he IS done, but I can assume he'll pick something up here and there before Christmas.

1 comment:

Robbie and Mindy said...

That's great that you still get a real tree. Next year I might do two trees, one real. And how sweet is Jason to go to Tai Pan to get the star! Robbie would never do that!