We dodged all the illnesses for so long, but I knew it was bound to hit my family soon. And boy oh boy, it hit us hard!!! We were planning a trip to St. George the weekend before Thanksgiving, to spend some fun times with our great friends, the Adams!! Things were going as planned, until Austin woke up Friday morning with a little frog in his throat. I took Logan to school, and Jason took Austin to the doctor, hoping things would be okay for us to continue on. Well, bad news struck, when the doctor diagnosed, croup!!! Oh no!!! We didn't want this to completely spoil our weekend, so we decided to have a "Stay-cation"! We would have to stay home, but we were determined to still have fun, and we sure did!! We just did our best to stay away from places we could spread our germs. So, needless to say, a lot of our time was in the van, but it was an amazing time! The sadness didn't end there. Sunday evening, sure enough, Logan started in on the coughing. But by Wednesday night, we were so hopeful that we would be able to make it to a family meal for Thanksgiving!! Nope, our hopes were crushed again when Sadie woke up in the middle of the night barking that, oh so familiar croup bark!! I was at work when all of this happened, so Jason e-mailed me to let me in on the sickness status of the house, so we could plan accordingly. I immediately called my mom, to see if I could put together an emergency Thanksgiving turkey dinner for my sad little family, and she gave her best advice, like my amazing mom always does, so I was determined to get something put together. We would NOT have our Thanksgiving canceled completely!! Good intentions, right?? Good thing for Dads!! What would we do without them?! My dad called within minutes of hanging up with my mom, and said, he had ordered Thanksgiving dinner take-out from Cracker Barrel!! All we had to do was pick it up!! I honestly cried, I was so grateful for such supportive, loving parents! I don't know what I would ever do without them! (Probably not survive) :)
Sadie was so sad, I couldn't even stand it, so I put her into the bathtub where she is usually her happiest, and she was STILL so sad!! I could only think of one more thing that she loves so much... that's right! A dum dum sucker!! Am I a bad mom?? I was only trying to make her happy???


Sadie, eating her sad breakfast of dry cereal and juice. The one above is her turning away from me, being shy! One of the boys are always wanting to be in involved in her pictures!
And, this is the meal we waited for all day long!!!I can't thank you enough Dad, for ordering this for us! If it wasn't for you, I most likely would have failed at my attempt for a turkey dinner, and we would have been eating Mac and Cheese!!!

I can't believe I put this on here, but it's all about the memories, right? Jason took this sad picture during dinner. I was the only healthy one, but you'd never know it. I look the worst!!I was saving my getting ready, for after dinner, so I could be prepared for what was only within hours... BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!



4 comments:
So sorry...sounds like you made lemonade out of lemons, though. Good for you! And thank heavens for wonderful daddies...they know just how to fix the problem.
oh Bonnie, I am so sorry your family has been sick. It's so nice to have family to help in those times. Please let me know if I can help. Miss you!
I'm sorry you guys had a sad Thanksgiving! But it sounds like you made the best of it (you and your dad)! Good job! You're such a cute mom worrying about Thanksgiving dinner.
I'm so sorry your family was sick but I'm sure it will be a Thanksgiving you'll always remember.
Post a Comment