Sunday, April 24

Families Are Forever

Easter weekend always seems so hectic, and this year was no different. Full of Egg hunts, family get-togethers, and the overall celebration of our Savior, Jesus Christ. This year we had a hard, but great reminder of the reason for the Atonement. My Grandma Goldie passed away just a few days before Easter Sunday, so I was able to remember why I will see her again, and know that she is with the people that passed before her celebrating. Families Are Forever!! It left me with a little bit of peace each time I was constantly reminded of her. Easter was always a perfect holiday because of her. She made it extra special with the hike to "the trees" for our famous Easter egg hunt, and her meals she worked so hard preparing. Every year she prepared a special something for all the cousins she included in the Easter egg hunt with our names on it. So, while we were hunting for candy, we were also frantically searching for our individual prize as well. She knew how to make every one of us feel loved. I am lucky enough to have had the best Grandma in the world. :)












Easter Morning




Ready for church



All of the Clayton grand kids prepared to rush outside and hunt for candy!!






So, I can't even tell you how excited I was when I realized that Logan's birthday was the same week as Easter. This past year he has seemed to think that everyone's birthday shared a holiday except his, and he asked every time if he could change his birthday to a holiday. When Grandpa Mower's birthday was on the 4th of July, he wanted a 4th of July birthday. When mine and Sadie's birthdays were a few days away from Halloween, he wanted a Halloween birthday. When Jason's birthday landed on Thanksgiving, he wanted a Thanksgiving birthday... you get the picture. He was jealous, but not this year!! Easter landed on the April 24th, and his birthday is the 27th, so we were able to combine the 2, and end up with one excited 6 year old because of it!!! The Clayton's came over Easter Sunday for dinner, and all the celebrations. The only downer was how sick Jason ended up being that day, and having to hide upstairs away from it all. The week leading up to Easter had been quite the week for us. I had strep throat, Sadie had diarrhea for a few days on top of that, and then as mentioned before, my Grandma passed away. So with all that plus many Easter parties to put together, plus working the nights, I was so sad that I couldn't find the time to fit in a fun cake like I usually do for my kiddos. Logan was a good sport about it, and I let him choose the theme of cake he wanted me to order, and it worked out in the end.
Opening presents... always chaotic with so many cousins. :)
(Thanks Becky for taking pictures for me since Jason was trapped in our bedroom sicker than ever!)



The wiggle car from Grandma & Grandpa C.


A while back, I had asked Logan what kind of a cake he wanted me to make for his birthday. It was so funny how quick he got up and said "I'll draw it for you Mom"!! He was so excited as he very carefully drew me a picture of what was very obvious a football game. He drew a few players with the ball in the air, and the goal posts on each end. I loved, loved, loved it. Luckily the bakery could do exactly that, they even had players in green uniforms, since he specifically wanted the game to be the Packers VS the Bears. You know... because the Packers can beat the Bears. Hehe. I love my boy!! He's always thinkin!

These two are only a couple of months apart, and I absolutely love their little friendship they have together already. When they see each other Maddie will yell, "Sadie Bean"! while Sadie is yelling "Maddie Cakes"! and they run up and hug each other. So cute. :)

Logan really looks up to, and loves his Uncle Rob. I know he looks up to him as a great example, and I hope Logan is learning the importance of being a best friend to your brother by Rob and Jason's example.
Thanks Uncle Rob for loving my kids, cause they sure love you!!


Celebrating Kolt and Logan's birthdays together in Grantsville with the Mowers. That big guy tuned one!!!
Love you Kolt!

No comments: