Wow, where do I even begin?!?! This was a full day of an emotional roller coaster for both Logan and I! He was so excited for school to start, but I couldn't help but be terrified of what could happen that first day! Last year was awful for the both of us, but it was the main reason I put him through it. He is so shy, and nervous around other people, and really hasn't ever been away from Jason and I. So, I thought it would be a good idea to start at the age of 3, which I really think was the right choice.
Anyway, he was happy clear up until I said "okay, it's time for me to go." He didn't cry, but he definitely hung onto me pretty tight. After a few minutes of trying to convince him of why it would be okay, his teacher overheard him ask to go outside, so she clarified that they would be going out to play. Well, that's all it took for him to let go and walk inside without looking back. I was stunned! I was so excited that he wasn't crying, but at the same time I wanted to run in and hold onto him forever!!! I can't believe how hard it is for me to let my kids grow up. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I then drove around for about 45 minutes crying like a huge baby!! Sorry Logan, I'm ashamed to say I'm one of "those" parents! I'll try my hardest not to embarrass you next year in the big school!!!
Anyway, he was happy clear up until I said "okay, it's time for me to go." He didn't cry, but he definitely hung onto me pretty tight. After a few minutes of trying to convince him of why it would be okay, his teacher overheard him ask to go outside, so she clarified that they would be going out to play. Well, that's all it took for him to let go and walk inside without looking back. I was stunned! I was so excited that he wasn't crying, but at the same time I wanted to run in and hold onto him forever!!! I can't believe how hard it is for me to let my kids grow up. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I then drove around for about 45 minutes crying like a huge baby!! Sorry Logan, I'm ashamed to say I'm one of "those" parents! I'll try my hardest not to embarrass you next year in the big school!!!

Okay, so I didn't want to take this of me, but I was trying to get him standing against a wall for a photo, but he wouldn't let me take a picture unless I was in it. I'm just glad to see him smiling.
This picture absolutely breaks my heart!! I could tell how hard he was trying to not cry! I love you so much Logan, and I'm so pleased with you for putting on a brave face, even though I knew how terrified you were! It's amazing to watch you grow so fast, physically and mentally! I couldn't dream of an oldest child any better than you! You make me the happiest mommy ever!
Okay, enough of the sadness. Now, for the funny quotes of the day!:
When we got home from picking him up, I guess I continued to ask a million questions, because after a while, he finally asked in exasperation, "why do you keep asking all these things over and over again"?!?! I had to laugh and then apologize. Like I said before, I am one of "those" moms!
Later, this was a conversation:
Me: Did you talk to any kids?
Logan: Yes
Me: What were any of their names?
Logan: I'll have to ask, I forgot. Some mommies name their kids really hard names to remember.

5 comments:
So funny... It is so hard to leave them, I even struggle with George. It goes to fast!
No worries, Bonnie....I was the same way with Chase!! I cried all the way home his first year of preschool. He could have cared less that he was leaving me, he was so excited for school! He's still the same way! I totally embarrassed him this year when I gave him a hug and kiss in front of his friends! That's what mom's do, right?? Logan is getting so big! I totally remember the day he was born -- spiky hair! Love you guys!
Too cute! I am so proud of him!
He's too cute!! I was trying really hard not to cry when my kids started preschool too. It still doesn't stop each new year either. I cried again this year:).
Love you!
Hard to believe I'll be in that spot next year...I always wonder if I'll be one of "those" moms, too. And I think that's TOTALLY FINE! :)
Post a Comment