So, this is the great lady, that my sweet Ila, was named after. She is Jason's Grandma Clayton, and anyone that has the privilege of meeting her can see why she is the perfect namesake. She raised 7 sons of her own, and did an amazing job with them all. She has a great spirit and sweet testimony about her. My kids love to visit her house any chance we can get.
Funny story... at the very beginning of my pregnancy with Ila, when we were first going over name possibilities, I kind of wanted to run it by G-Grandma Ila to see what her reaction would be. I realize that most people consider it an honor to have someone named after them, but I was weary, and nervous about doing it as a surprise. Anyway, so we happened to be alone with her at her house one evening so I brought it up. Austin was sitting near listening in on the baby talk, and when I said the words, "we are considering naming this baby Ila, if it is a girl", Austin piped in his BIG opinion, and with a very disgusted look on his face, he blurted out, "Ila!!!! That's a horrible name!!" I was stunned! Apparently, he hadn't heard us discuss this before, and we hadn't let him know that his Great Grandma Clayton's name is Ila! Luckily, she has a great sense of humor, and busted up laughing, snagging him in for a hug! Little Austin has a big personality that anyone around him falls in love with. It was a memorable moment for sure!




No comments:
Post a Comment