Saturday, May 4

Baptism Day

Well, I'll be darned. My Logan has turned 8, and like everyone has said... time is passing. And pretty quick at that.  Well, here I am, a mother to a sweet eight year old little man boy. This guy of mine made me a mother, and brought to my life many, many firsts. And this baptism was one of those firsts.

He was so, so excited for many months prior to the day. I can only hope and pray that we prepared him enough for this big decision he has made. He definitely knew it was his big day, and he carried a special spirit about him all weekend long. I didn't know exactly what to expect from that day, except a lot of emotion on my part. And our intimate little program brought on just that. I loved feeling the support from our family and friends that day. Logan asked Jason and his Uncle Rob to give the talks, and they couldn't have been more perfect. They both got up there and spoke straight to Logan, and straight from the heart. I had a hard time composing myself as I sat there next to my little guy with my arm wrapped around his shoulders, not ever wanting to let go. He volunteered to play a primary song on the piano, and willingly let Austin and Sadie sing along with him while he played.  They chose to perform, "I Love To See the Temple".  I hope that I will be able to ask Logan a little down the road in the future if he remembers moments from this day. And if he says he does, then I will consider that a huge success. I can only hope and pray that the messages given that day were all soaked up by him. He is one special dude in my eyes.


                                    









No comments: