Friday, October 15

A Dream Come True...

NOT FOR ME! Hahaha. Jason has been wanting to dig for fossils for years, & he finally pulled it off. I'm super happy for him, but now he wants to keep going & going. I don't get it, and I don't think I ever will, but I'm thrilled that my boys loved it just as much as their daddy does. They took a Saturday with G-Ma & G-Pa Clayton, drove all the way to Delta, and dug their little hearts out. They had a blast! Logan especially didn't want to ever come home. He is so much like Jason in so many ways it blows my mind... I absolutely love it!!
They brought home so many trilobites that Jason has joked about selling them. Well, I think Logan must have heard this, because he kept saying for about a week after the trip that he was going to borrow Grandpa's truck so he could take the fossils to school to sell them for $10.00 each!!
The other funny thing they caught onto, was a joke they learned while there. What is the back of the trilobite called?? A triloBUTT!!! Hahahaha. I hear that joke pretty regularly around my house now, & it cracks me up every time. (Any excuse to use a word they know Mommy doesn't normally approve of, right??) I love my boys!!!











Thanks babe for being the best Daddy in the world to our kiddos. I can't imagine life any better for them & all because of you. Love you!

5 comments:

Luke and Tina said...

I love the joke...such a boy thing. Luke has been wanting to go to Delta and do the same thing.

Lacey Sue said...

seriously- how cute can your family get?!?! I LOVE IT!! What a fun thing, sorry Bon, but I think I WOULD totally get it!! hehehehe :)

Rachel said...

I'm with you. Not something I would get...but I can totally see how little boys would 'dig' that with that Daddy! Ha!!! What a great memory for them.

Bryce & Nicole said...

Grandma and Grandpa Clayton are the best! That is so cool that they did that with the boys! And so nice you got pictures! xoxo

Robbie and Mindy said...

I've did exactly that for a geology college class. I wasn't to thrilled about going but have to admit that it was a little exciting when you found one.