Super Spence is a sweet 7 year old little boy that has been diagnosed with cancer. He is the son of my sister-in-laws friend, and neighbor. On Saturday, their friends and ward put on a fundraiser for the family of Spencer. It was such an amazing experience to be able to go, and see all the love and support given to this sweet little boy and his family. They were able to have the Jazz Bear and Wesley Mathews flown in by helicopter, and had MANY fun games and activities for kids. They held a silent auction, bake sale, sold lunch, popcorn, cotton candy, snow cones, t-shirts, shaved heads, and just put together a fun day for a great cause. I can't put into words how I was so touched by all of it. It was an overwhelming experience, but at the same time was so saddened by it all. The hardest part of the day was when they announced at the very beginning that Spencer was too sick to attend, and had to stay at Primary Children's Medical Center. It sure makes you grateful for all you have, and take for granted, to see such sadness in one family. I can't even imagine the pain and suffering that people go through, and I hope I will never have to experience it myself. I can tell you one thing for sure, I surely held onto my kids a little longer than normal that night while tucking them into bed.
I don't know this family at all, and I don't even really know all that Spencer is going through, so if you want to learn more, or want to help out in some way, please visit his blog, at www.mysuperspence.blogspot.com
They are still selling shirts with his cute logo on the front and back. I bought them for my boys, and they absolutely love them.
I don't know this family at all, and I don't even really know all that Spencer is going through, so if you want to learn more, or want to help out in some way, please visit his blog, at www.mysuperspence.blogspot.com
They are still selling shirts with his cute logo on the front and back. I bought them for my boys, and they absolutely love them.

2 comments:
Thanks for posting this. I needed some perspective today and found it. Love, Rachel
I heard this was a lot of fun! And that you were way too generous. Love ya and miss you!
Post a Comment