Ila's 5 day, Dr. appointment was a little bit devastating for me. Dr. Farnsworth discovered that her clavicle had been broken during delivery. I was so sad, and in complete shock. It ended up being not a huge deal after about a month. But I was heartbroken for her. It made sense of the first few days of her life... she cried... a lot. And it made me so sad that we didn't know why, and especially that she was in pain! I went home and cried... a lot. My baby hormones, mixed with a little bit of the baby blues, mixed with now knowing that my baby has been in pain, didn't mix well at all. I called my mom and cried for a long time. I had also suspected that she had an umbilical hernia, and Dr. Farnsworth confirmed my fears. She also had a hernia!! Between the broken collar bone and a hernia, I was so sad for her.
But, now that we knew how to handle her, and I had another excuse not to let other people hold her, it was okay. We just couldn't pick her up in the traditional way you pick up a baby. We scooped her up, and it made a world of difference in her crying. She still screamed through bathing, getting dressed and undressed for a while. But holding her correctly helped the rest of the days. She is now all healed up, and out of pain. We love this little lady of ours, and seeing her hurt was awful. So glad it's all over!
5 Day stats:
Weight: 7.08lb's 34.%
Length: 20.25inches 79%
Head: 13inches 69%
18 Day stats:
Weight: 7.91lb's 33%
Length: 20.75inches 66%
Head: 14inches 52%
1 comment:
I love all your posts! Your family is darling!!
Post a Comment