Monday, January 3

CrAzY dAy!!

After working until the early hours of Tuesday morning, I awoke around 6 AM to get ready for Logan's Kindergarten party and program that I had helped plan and put together. Jason woke up at about the same time to go outside and shovel snow. While I was inside finishing up getting me, the kids, and all the preparations ready, I received a text from another school Mom telling me that school had been canceled due to snow! Since we were all ready, with no where to go now, we loaded into our snow gear and headed outside. It was one of the greatest mornings ever. The boys of course had a blast, and I couldn't believe Sadie's cute reaction to all the white stuff. She loved it so much she would just giggle over everything. I couldn't believe how it was coming down. We were shoveling, but the snow just kept re-covering the driveway. It was actually really pretty, I was loving every second of it.











After going inside the house, while we were peeling off all the gear, we noticed Logan neck and back were COVERED in blood. It had actually gathered and clotted all over his shirt, I literally was light-headed immediately. Luckily, we knew the cause. Since the first week of December, he had this thing growing on the back of his neck, which was growing rapidly. We had already taken him to the pediatrician, who, of course just recommended us to a dermatologist. Well, that appointment wasn't until the next day to have it removed, but I couldn't think of letting this bleed all day long. It really wouldn't stop. So, needless to say... off to the dermatologist we all went. (Logan insisted we ALL go) I really wish I could remember exactly what the doc had called it, but if I can't pronounce it, you know I'll forget it. :) Anyway, he explained it as a bunch of blood vessels that had come together, and they were all bleeding inside of him, which was why it kept growing so fast. (You really should have seen it... HUGE) It would scab over, then if bumped or touched would bleed again. I can't even explain how true that was. It looked totally different day to day. Different shape, different color, different size...always bigger. As a Mom, this was the scariest thing for me. Emotional roller coaster! I did take pictures of it often, but it was always on my phone, so I won't gross you out with that. The reason for them anyway was to show Logan. He liked to see what all the fuss was about. When we arrived at the doctor's office, I don't know who was the most scared out of Logan or me. He was really pretty brave, I was so proud of him that day. The whole escapade of the removal was quite the experience for all of us, I think. The doctor surprisingly said the kids could all come in, so in they came! He had me practically hold him in a head lock, while the nurse held the bottom half of his body... NOT fun! He was kicking and screaming, and believe me, not the only one crying. I was sobbing right along with him. It was horrible. The main thing that got me through it all was sweet Austin seriously taking it all in. He had his face right up to it, asking question after question. All I could do was laugh about it. I had no other choice. Especially when he brought out the tool to cauterize the thing. He wanted to know why he was burning his brother!! I just kept asking the doctor if he needed to leave, but that sweet, patient, doctor kept assuring me that it was all okay. Even little Sadie was right there watching it all. Needless to say, I'm okay now, but that was a rough few weeks for me. They had me worried about it needing a biopsy, yearly checks for him, all that scary stuff that a little boy should never have to go through. But it all ended up okay. After we were able to release Logan from our death grips, he was totally and unexpectedly calm. We were able to meet up with some family for lunch, and afterward headed to the mall to see the movie 'Tangled'!
At the movie theatre...The boys insisted I take these picture! Lol!

Notice how he's standing with his shoulders held up kind of funny... he walked around like that for a day or two. :(

But wait, the day wasn't over. We still had our ward Christmas party and program that night. And because of the new,'no activities committee rule', the primary presidency was in charge of it all! So, I was in a hurry to get there in time to help decorate, haved my food assignment ready, and set it all up. I thought for sure that Logan would be too tired and emotionally exhausted after all he had been through to perform, but nope! He surprised me again, and performed like a champ! The party was a huge success, and I think we all hit our pillows pretty hard at the end of that night!


Love you Logan, and I'm so sorry for having to hold you down for that procedure. You were so brave, and I look up to you in a lot of ways! Your a good example to me, and especially your brother and sister!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

As a mother, I feel for you. Those situations are so hard and emotional. I'm glad it's over! :) What an exhausting day...I'm glad there were some fun activities in there, as well.